Friday, January 22, 2010

Quick bites

Reviewing my food note book of dinners I cooked this past week.

Monday - Crab Burgers
From the family cookbook I put together a few years ago, this is my grandmother Bob's recipe. I prepare faithfully, including onions and celery, which I now feel are superfluous. A bit too crabcakey, the aromatics overpowering the cheese. In future just crap meat, shredded cheese and just enough mayonnaise to hold it together.

Set a bun on fire with the broiler.

Thinking of maybe a crab bruschetta.

Tuesday - Crock Pot Pepper Pork Chops
A new recipe for me, from Alton Brown. Fantastic. Definitly a keeper. The pepper flavor is strong without overpowering the pork.

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Smokey & Creamy Corn Soup
Another new recipe, from one of J&R's Weight Watchers cookbooks. The smokey component comes from Chipotle Powder, which my mother thought was too hot. It was right on the edge of my tolerance, but it worked.

Too late, I realized that corn bread was needed, but my mother whipped some up. Crumbled in the soup itself gives the soup a nice body and texture.

1 comment: