Sunday, January 10, 2010

I don't WANT to eat healthy, I want to eat GOOD!

My parents' best friends, who we'll call J&R, are in a bet with other friends in California, S&G about who can lose the most weight. Loser has to fly to visit the winner.

Obviously the 'rents and I are rooting for J&R, because then we get to see S&G, too.

To aid them, we've agreed to get together each Sunday for a healthy dinner.

Tonight marked the first Healthy Sunday Dinner at J&R's place. Dinner was chicken, pasta and oven-roasted veggies, after J helpfully inquired about what stuff I won't/can't eat (vegetables & raw tomatoes, for the record).

Next week, dinner is at our place and I'm cooking the mail course. J loaned me a couple Weight Watchers cookbooks and even a hunk of salmon, when I mentioned I'd been wanting to cook with salmon.

I've never been keen on "healthy" cooking. I feel that good food is healthy enough. I've been losing weight without counting calories or sodium or compromising ingredients (whole milk is for cooking, 2% for drinking, skim for watering plants).

But thumbing through the books, I found some things I really want to try.

How does Teriyaki Honey Salmon sound? Sounds yummy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment